WOW! Two awards? For me? I feel so honoured! I was nominated by Uniquely Rosie for the Blogger Recognition award, and by A Better Woman Cafe for the Mystery Blogger Award. It’s made me so happy, thank you! Anyone reading this should check out both blogs, they’re brilliant reads!
I can’t wait to do this post, so without further ado…
The Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how you blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other 15 bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
How my blog started
Well, it all began when three of my friends started a blog. The idea of an anonymous internet space, where you could share your experiences, really appealed to me. After reading their posts I was sure I could also manage writing like that (I’ve always loved it, after all) and so bloggingsunsets was born. After a while I stopped posting but I came back recently and it’s a much better experience. I know more about the blogosphere now and I’ve made way more lovely blog friends.
Advice to new bloggers
Advice? If I’m honest I’m winging the whole thing anyway. But since the tag requests two pieces of advice, I’ll try and give some!
- Reach out to other bloggers
Do it! Everyone in the blog community is friendly, and everyone also loves to get comments and talk to other bloggers. So you’ve really got nothing to lose, but you can gain the warm fuzzy feeling of being accepted by fellow bloggers.
2. Write about what you like
I wouldn’t suggest writing just to get the followers. Blogging is a personal thing, and it only means something if you try to make it about you and your interests. It’s very easy to try and make your blog a typical one, but I enjoy reading people’s own unique thoughts and I’m sure others do so too.
The Mystery Blogger Award
- Post the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Thank you to Okoto Enigma for the creation of this tag! I hadn’t heard of this blog before the tag, but from my quick look it seems awesome!
Three things about me
- I do karate twice a week, which is basically the one sport I can hold to my name.
- Despite being a food enthusiast, I don’t enjoy cooking at all.
- I’m really, really not girly but I recently bought a prom dress and actually kind of like it!
A Better Woman Cafe’s questions
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Planet Earth, UK, University Somewhere. That’s about as as specific as I can get.
What is the best complement you can give yourself right now?
Hey, you’re kinda doing okay at school!
What is one goal you’re focused on this year?
Eating healthily and going to Parkruns as often as I can.
What’s your go to hobby?
Karate! Gonna get black belt soon! (Hopefully.)
If you another pair of arms, what would they be used for? (weird)
Uhh… Constant weightlifting, so I’d be super buff and able to defend myself like a muscle-ninja.
My questions for nominees
- What’s your best childhood memory?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- Cats or dogs?
- Favourite song lyric?
- Weird- What animal quality would you like to give yourself? (i.e. wings, super hearing, breathing underwater.)
My best posts
So, I could basically nominate like every blogger I know, but I’ve got to choose. I’m not choosing people I know for sure have already been nominated, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t otherwise nominate you! Anyway, for those listed, sorry if you have already been so elsewhere. These nominations are for both awards!
All of these blogs are wonderful and well worth the follow!
Well, that’s the end. Hope you enjoyed it.